Based on experience with handling special events, the City Parks and Recreation Division has come up with some tips to help you make your special event run smoothly:
- Bring additional trash bags, toilet paper, and paper towels.
- Most parks have limited parking. Have a parking plan and call the Knoxville Police Department at 865-215-8638 for assistance with traffic direction.
- Bring along bee and wasp killer spray for bees that may linger around trashcans.
- Remember that parks close at dark, so make plans to have your event broken down and the park back to its original condition by then.
- Charging of admission to City parks is not permitted.
- Make sure that filled trash bags are tied off and placed next to the City trashcans.
- Please leave the park as you found it.
- The City of Knoxville provides maps of its major parks where special events are frequently held. Visit http://www.cityofknoxville.org/parks to view a map of the park for your event.